Today I started, as I do many Thursday’s, praying over what to write here. I spent my commute pondering, composing (in my head), discarding (not always the easiest task to do ‘in your head’), re-working, praying, and soon after repeating the process. As I pulled into the parking lot, I had several starts but nothing to build an email with.
Stepping through the parking lot the chorus of the song I had been listening too slammed through all other thoughts. I mean it was spotlights and neon.
“…We will wait for you
We will see your goodness
We will wait for you…”
The song, Take Heart by Loud Harp, is based on Psalm 27…the chorus comes from verses 13 & 14.
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD! [Psalm 27:13-14 ESV]
Message received, don’t panic…wait for God. I didn’t have to wait long, the idea of running ahead of Him kept reoccurring. So many ideas, situations, thoughts kept popcorning in my brain.
- For the worried and stressed, upset that their plan isn’t working….Wait for the Lord…He’s in charge, He’ll give you peace
- For the one who feels unloved…Wait for the Lord…Abide in Him, He is Love and you are loved by Him
- For those caught up in power, politics, empire building…Wait for the Lord…He’s in charge, He is the One you owe allegiance too
- For the fearful…Wait for the Lord….Abide in Him, He is our Strength, He will banish your fear
- For the busy, lost in the drive to get better grades or a bigger paycheck…Wait for the Lord…He’s in charge, He provides
- For the angry…Wait for the Lord…Abide in Him, He gives us joy
- For the bitter, the grudge holder…Wait for the Lord…He’s in charge, rest in His forgiveness, turn it over to Him, vengeance is His
- For the one who fights back…Wait for the Lord…Abide in Him, He is our shield, our stronghold, our protector
- For the one who says “I can’t”…Wait for the Lord…He’s in charge, He is our power, it’s not about what we can do, but what He does through us
Wait for God, His plan not ours.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. [Isaiah 55:8-9 ESV]
I made it to my desk, smiling. It’s a wonderful thing, waiting on God. Not sure who, besides myself, needed these words, but I know someone does…and God wants you to wait on Him.